The safety of guests is always the top priority of Airbnb host. But are the hosts following all the covid-19 safety guidelines properly? Well, after the pandemic, it has become important for every host to use the right tools to maintain the guest’s safety in their place. For better airbnb experiences, hosts are required to follow all the guidelines and cling to the safety requirements.
Also, ensure cleaning guidelines can change from time to time, so as an Airbnb host, you should prioritize things accordingly.
To find out mandatory covid-19 safety guidelines for hosts of Airbnb Experiences, read the article till the end.
Tips for effective cleaning and sanitizing
Starting from the basic, it is mandatory to clean and sanitize your space before welcoming guests. However, every host must know the difference between cleaning and sanitizing to complete them in the correct order.
- Effective cleaning in clothes removing jobs and dirt from your space, including all the equipment. It involves wiping off the kitchen countertop with a soapy sponge.
- Sanitizing means using chemicals to get rid of germs and bacteria. It involves spraying chemical disinfectant on surfaces that are touched the most, including doorknobs, kitchen appliances, sports gear, etc.
Moving towards the tips for effective cleaning and sanitizing, it includes:
Purchase the right cleaning supplies:
You are recommended to use disinfectant and sanitizer, which is registered with the chemical regulators of your local government.
Review the safety guidelines before purchasing cleaning chemicals:
Before you buy any cleaning chemical, read the labels on the product and understand all the active ingredients. Also, ensure you check their usage so that you don’t use it in the wrong way at the time of cleaning.
Ventilate rooms before cleaning:
According to the Centre for Disease Control, it is important to open outside doors and windows and make use of ventilating fans. It will increase the air circulation in the space, and then you can perform your cleaning and disinfecting properly.
1. Take out all the garbage
When you take out all the garbage from your space, it reduces the chance of contamination. This step ensures the safety of your guests. You should also line all the garbage cans so that your guests can easily dispose of tissues and other waste. Besides, you can also mention some safety measures on airbnb house rules template for guests.
2. Dust the space and vacuum the floor
You should dust the space from the top to down, ensuring there’s no visible sign of dust or dirt. If you have carpet in your space, don’t forget to vacuum it properly.
Besides, you must clean all the hard surfaces with soapy water. Wipeout each surface to remove dust, dirt, debris, and germs. Surfaces that guests come in contact with, like countertops, sink, closets, and floor, needs proper cleaning attention.
1. Spray hard surfaces with disinfectant
Spray disinfectant and sanitize all the frequently touch two surfaces like switches, kitchen utensils, and doorknobs. Make sure when cleaning electronic items, you must follow the manufacturer’s cleaning directions.
2. Let the disinfectant stay on the surface for the specified time
The disinfectant you are using will have a product label specifying the vet contact time required for the chemicals to impactfully sanitize the surface. In this way, all possible germs and pollutants will be killed properly.
3. Allow to air-dry
Make sure that the surface should not dry before the wet contact time as there is no guarantee that the disinfectant has killed all the germs claimed on the label. The best way is to give the surface time to air dry.
Final safety steps for best airbnb experiences during covid-19:
- Wash your cleaning supplies properly
- Don’t keep disposable products like disinfectant wipes after use.
- Wash all cleaning clothes at the highest heat setting to ensure all the germs and pathogens have wiped away.
- After every use, the vacuum cleaner should be sanitized properly.
- All the cleaning tools which you are using must be disinfected.
- Once the cleaning and sanitizing processes over, safely remove all the cleaning gears.
- Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds with hand wash and water.
- Use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Provide airbnb house rules template to all the customers, which include all the safety measures they need to follow.
- You should not enter the space without using the protective equipment. Also, reusing soiled gear is not advised.
- All the chemical products should be kept out of the reach of children.
- Make sure you read all the safety labels properly before and after using cleaning chemicals.
- Don’t touch your face when cleaning surfaces with disinfectant.
By following all the covid-19 safety guidelines, you can improve the Airbnb experience of your guests. They will feel more protected and safe in an environment specially created by considering guests health and safety in mind.